Are you interested in a Habitat for Humanity Home? Check to see if you meet the criteria:
- Families must have children under age 18 living at home.
- Their current housing is substandard and does not meet their needs.
- Families are spending more than 30% of gross income on housing (rent and utilities)
- They must have been residents of the NWT a minimum of two years.
- Never declared bankruptcy OR received a discharge a minimum of 3 years ago.
- Moderate but stable income families.
- Canadian Citizen and resident of the NWT for at least 2 years at the time of application.
- Families living in substandard housing or spending more than 30% of gross income on housing (rent and utilities).
- Families must be willing to partner with Habitat including donating 500 hours of volunteer time to eligible activities.
Ability to pay:
- At least one adult employed full-time year round.
- Good credit rating
- Meeting income to debt ratios
Willingness to partner:
- Families agree to provide 500 hours of sweat equity in place of a cash down payment.
- They agree to keep home and yard in good condition.
- They agree to follow all Habitat for Humanity NWT policies.
If you think you fit our criteria, please call 867-447-0033 for more information or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.